With a current update, Bosch is further developing its intelligent system and making additional functions available to its users for their Bosch e-bike. In addition, the Bosch e-bike flow app, in combination with a new smartphone mount integrated into the system, becomes a networked control center at the handlebar.
Kiox or smartphone – the choice is yours.
In future, electric riders whose e-MTB is equipped with the Bosch Smart System will be able to ride and cruise as usual with the Kiox 300 display or use the SmartphoneGrip to attach their smartphone to the handlebars. With the E-Bike Flow app, this becomes a screen. The Kiox 300 and the SmartphoneGrip mount use the same mount and interface, making it easy and convenient to switch between the two options, according to Bosch. All relevant riding data such as speed, battery charge level and remaining range are displayed on the smartphone on the riding screen of the E-Bike Flow app. This can be controlled via the LED remote while driving. The smartphone can also be charged by induction or by cable while driving.
With the intelligent system we have created the basis for tomorrow’s e-bike mobility. This first update shows the potential of the new generation of systems: in connection with the smartphone and the E-Bike Flow app, the electric bike is continuously supplemented with new functions, and the physical experience on the electric bike is strengthened by the link digital.
Claus Fleischer, CEO of Bosch E-Bike Systems.
E-Bike Lock, the Smart System electronic anti-theft device
The new free electric bike lock function serves as additional anti-theft protection to the mechanical lock. Once configured through the E-Bike Flow app, the smartphone becomes a digital key. Only when the system recognizes the associated smartphone via Bluetooth, for example in your pocket or backpack, does the motor mount automatically activate when the electric bike is switched on. This means that, in the event of theft, there will be no motor assistance. Like many central locking systems in cars, the drive unit can optionally emit a sound when the e-bike lock is activated. The respective status is shown on the display and on the LED remote control.
According to the manufacturer, the SmartphoneGrip, which is available from specialist dealers, and the new features are now available for all electric bicycles with the intelligent system from Bosch E-Bike Systems. Bosch intends to continue to offer more new solutions and products for the intelligent system in the future, for more driving fun, more comfort and more safety.
New Smart System products and updates at a glance:
The smart mount: Bosch SmartphoneGrip
- Allows the smartphone to be used as an electric bicycle screen with the e-bike flow application.
- Charge your smartphone while driving, inductively (if supported) or by cable.
- Total modularity: free choice between smartphone with SmartphoneGrip or Kiox 300 screen.
- Firm hold thanks to innovative and robust clamping concept.
(Not suitable for trails with heels higher than 15 cm or for rides with jumps.)
- The SmartphoneGrip can hold smartphones of the following sizes: length: 123-175mm, width: 67-88mm, height: 6.8-13mm. Maximum weight: 276 grams.
- Price (RRP): €49.90
New features in the Bosch E-Bike Flow app
- Update through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- The trip screen clearly shows all the information while driving with the smartphone as the screen.
- Additional anti-theft protection with the free electric bike lock feature.
- Navigation function for the smartphone with different route profiles.
- The activities recorded in the E-Bike Flow app can be shared with komoot and Strava.
- The E-Bike Flow app is now also available in Italian, Dutch and Spanish.
- Customizable status bar on the Kiox 300.
- Display of the lock status of the e-bike on the Kiox 300 and the LED control.
What functions would you like for the Bosch Smart System?
Text and photos: Bosch