Pushups are one of the most popular bodyweight exercises ever. With them you train the whole body from head to toe, without the need for any equipment or even without having to set foot in the gym. However, over time they can get a bit boring, especially for fitness junkies. For this reason, in this article we will introduce you to a very special push-up: the so-called diamond push-up, also diamond thrust called. Now you can find out why it is worth learning and how to do it correctly.
Everything about diamond push-ups at a glance:
What are diamond pushups?
Push-ups promote your mobility and coordination, train your sense of balance and improve your endurance. You train legs, glutes and core with them, which greatly improves your posture. Above all but you strengthen your arms, shoulders and chest.
Depending on the push-up variant, you can focus on individual muscle groups. If your hands are open, you train the chest muscles in particular. If, on the other hand, they are placed close together, it is mainly directed at the upper arms. One special form of these tight push-ups represents diamond bending.
With the diamond push-up, you don’t put your hands directly below your shoulder joints. Much more they are placed close together under your chest like a diamond.
Your two thumbs touch at the bottom while your index fingers meet at the top. From this basic position, the normal push-up movement now begins. Undoubtedly, this inflection belongs to one of the most challenging in history But that’s what makes exercise so appealing.
Keep reading: Read here how to do a normal pushup correctly.
For this reason, you should include diamond push-ups in your routine.
Diamond push-ups are ideal when he mainly wants to train his triceps. The three-headed arm muscle, also called the triceps brachii in Latin, is the opposite of the biceps and is located at the back of the upper arm. always used when Straighten your elbows and pull your shoulder joint inward want.
The biceps is the most well-known muscle of the arm and is therefore used particularly frequently in strength training. In fact, the triceps is even bigger and is all the more important for a defined and toned arm. Therefore, the diamond push-up should not be missing in an arm workout.
The demanding diamond push-up is not for beginners, but an exercise for advanced users. If you get bored quickly or want to establish new training stimuli so as not to succumb to stagnation, is well advised with this exercise.
However, it must be said that the exercise dolls are used a lot. If you’re having trouble here or feel pain during the exercise, you should first try another tight push-up variation or dips to target the triceps. Otherwise you can Push-up bars, firm dumbbells, or a soft mat help relieve stress.
This is how diamond push-ups are done correctly
The only difference between a diamond pushup and a regular pushup is the position of the arm. However, we give you here a step by step guide:
- Get into push-up position so that on the high plank. Your feet are hip-width apart with the tips of your toes. Your body forms a line. Your gaze points down so that your body is in line with your spine.
- Now gently bring your hands under your chest and form the signature diamond. To do this, let your thumbs meet at the bottom and your index fingers touch at the top.
- Now lower slowly by bending your elbows. Your body stays straight and strong. The stomach, back, legs and buttocks are tense. Go to the lowest possible point (it is best that the tip of the nose touches the ground) and go around here without stopping.
- Gently push yourself up. Your elbows are close to your body throughout the exercise.
- Get to the starting position, but always keep your elbows slightly bent to protect your joints, and repeat the diamond pushup.
Tip for all beginners: Even if the exercise is particularly suitable for advanced users, that doesn’t mean beginners shouldn’t try it. After all, no master has fallen from the sky yet! The relief can Raise hands on a step or stool Offer. may But also do the exercise on your knees..
what else to consider
- the The movement comes from the arms and not from the back.. Adjust the arms if the load drifts.
- Maintain basic tension throughout the exercise. on your body to intensify training and protect you from injury. A mirror can help you check your posture while performing. Watch out for the hollow back.
- Inhale as you lower and exhale as you push up. As with any strength exercise, exhale whenever the load is heaviest.