Do you have little time for sports, but still want to do something for your body? Then you should rely on a full body workout that challenges multiple muscle groups at the same time. Another plus: you can easily do the exercises at home, since you don’t need any equipment, just your own body weight.
These 4 exercises train your whole body
With the forearm plan, your entire body breaks a sweat because your back, stomach, arms, butt, and legs are needed. The plank not only strengthens your muscles but also improves your stability.
And this is how the plank works:
- Get on all fours and rest your forearms on the floor. Your elbows should be level with your shoulders.
- Point your toes and raise your body. Her forearms and toes now support her full weight. Your buttocks, back and neck form a straight line.
- Hold the board for about 30 seconds.
Would you like more variety? You can vary the plank to increase the intensity. For example, you can raise one arm and one leg.
Burpees are among the most strenuous exercises of all and work the entire body. All major muscle groups are involved in burpees: squats and straight jumps strengthen the legs and glutes, and pushups work the arms, shoulders, and core.
And this is how the burpee works
- You start standing up and then do a squat. Then place your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor.
- Then jump your feet back into a push-up position. Make sure your body is in a straight line and your arms are straight.
- Do a push-up by bending your arms and lowering your torso toward the ground. Briefly hold at the lowest point and then push up again.
- Jump back into a squat position and plant your feet forward.
- From a squat position, stretch and raise your arms as you do so.
10 reps, 3 sets
Continue reading: The 4 best exercises to tone the upper body >>
With Jumping Jacks, also known as Jumping Jacks, you not only improve your endurance, strength and coordination, but also your entire body.
- Stand at hip height. The arms and legs should have enough space.
- Your arms are relaxed on your thighs.
- Jump with your legs astride and at the same time join your arms above your head.
- Jump off the straddle and bring your legs back together. The arms are lowered again. Your body remains tense throughout the exercise.
10 reps, 3 sets
Mountain climbers are also an effective full-body exercise for which we don’t need weights either: the focus is on the abdominal muscles, but the legs, lower back, chest and arms are also trained.
- Assume the push-up position on your mat with your hands under your shoulders and your body in a straight line.
- Then pull your left leg toward your chest muscles so your knee touches them.
- Then do the same with the right leg.
10 reps each side, 3 sets