- Car insurance for BMW i3/i3s 39 percent cheaper than for a comparable 220i Active Tourer
- The family can insure the e-car Kia e-Soul more than forty percent cheaper than combustion engines
- CHECK24 recommends: Insuring electric cars with comprehensive insurance – battery protection is very important
Auto insurance for an electric car can be up to 42 percent cheaper than for a comparable combustion engine. This was demonstrated by sample calculations performed by CHECK24.
Comprehensive insurance for the BMW i3/i3s, including battery protection, costs an average of just €244 per year for individual users of the five cheapest rates.1) For the comparable 220i Active Tourer with combustion engine , on the other hand, costs 400 euros a year. The e-car insurance is therefore 38.9 percent cheaper.
“Our calculations show that car insurance for electric cars is often cheaper than for comparable combustion engines”says Dr. Rainer Klipp, Managing Director of Motor Vehicle Insurance at CHECK24. “Calculated across all applications and models, we see that insurance prices for electric cars are on average two percent lower than for combustion engines. However, this may change in the future, because the repair of e-cars can be very expensive, especially due to their construction, which is not very easy to repair. To save costs, comparing insurance is even more important.”
The family can insure the e-car Kia e-Soul more than forty percent cheaper than combustion engines
A family that has the Kia e-Soul insured as a second car pays 41.7 percent less than for Kia’s Sorento 2.2 CRDi.2) That’s 288 euros less in insurance costs per year. The BMW i3/i3s can also be insured at almost forty percent lower costs.
Click here to compare the top five for a family.
Comprehensive insurance for electric cars is sometimes cheaper than for combustion engines
The comparison of 29 electric models with a comparable combustion engine shows that individual users secure a cheaper electric car in 17 cases. In twelve cases, the all-risk insurance for the combustion engine costs less than that for the e-car. For a family, insurance for an electric car is 19 times cheaper than for a comparable combustion engine. Regardless of the profile, the electric Jaguar I-Pace and Audi e-tron GT Quattro models are insured particularly expensively. There, the costs of comprehensive insurance for the electric car can be up to 40% higher annually than those of a comparable combustion engine.
The complete list with all the models considered can be found here.
CHECK24 recommends: Insuring electric cars with comprehensive insurance – battery protection is very important
Comprehensive insurance is recommended for electric cars, as repairing them can be very expensive. Since the battery is one of the most expensive and important components of the electric car, it must be properly protected. The comprehensive insurance must cover damage to the battery, the charging cable or the wall box, operating errors and their consequences, as well as animal bites. However, since not all comprehensive insurance policies offer complete battery protection, the CHECK24 car insurance comparison depends on the choice of filter. battery protection only rates are shown that also sufficiently secure the battery.
CHECK24’s 300 experts provide advice on all aspects of car insurance
CHECK24 insurance experts will help you with all questions related to car insurance in a personal consultation via email, chat or phone. In addition, CHECK24 customers are supported by our chatbot 24 hours a day in many matters related to the service. In your personal insurance center, customers manage their insurance contracts, regardless of who they have contracted with. You benefit from automatic premium and benefit checks and therefore can easily optimize your insurance coverage and save at the same time.
1) Profile: Change of vehicle, male (35 years old), married, employed, no children at home, first registration: February 2022, planned purchase and owner registration: August 2022, used car, cash purchase, only private use (including travel), 12,000 km/year, driver: only insured, no home, road (public), ADAC, civil liability (SF 15) and comprehensive insurance (SF 15) with excess of 500 euros including comprehensive with excess of 150 euros, workshop selection: all fees, including battery protection, payment of the annual contribution; First Car, Vehicle Owner: Policyholder, No Points, 39279 Hobeck
2) Profile: Change of vehicle, man (45 years old) married, employed, one child in the household (15 years old), first registration: February 2022, planned purchase and owner registration: August 2022, used car, purchase at cash, private use only (including commuting to work), 12,000 km/year, driver: policyholder and spouse (40 years), homeless, road (public), ADAC, civil liability (SF 7) and all risk (SF 7) with 500 euros deductible including all risks with 150 euros excess, access to additional vehicle with civil liability insurance (SF 22) and all risks insurance (SF 22), workshop selection: all rates including battery protection, payment of yearly fee; Second car, policy holder and vehicle owner First and second cars: policy holder, no points, 39279 Hobeck
Maria Trottner, Public Relations, Tel. +49 89 2000 47 1174, [email protected]
Daniel Friedheim, Director of Public Relations, Tel. +49 89 2000 47 1170, [email protected]
Original content from: CHECK24 GmbH, transmitted by news aktuell