- Hail storms can cause enormous damage in a short period of time.
- What to do in case of hail damage? ADAC car insurance provides tips in case of damage.
Especially the summer months of June, July and August are hail months. Hailstorms often occur locally, but the damage is immense. Drivers in particular are aware of the danger: hail can cause dents in sheet metal, usually on the roof, bonnet or boot lid. Glass damage can be particularly costly. Rain can enter the car through a broken front or rear window and cause extensive damage. Even small cracks in glass quickly get bigger and therefore need to be repaired quickly.
Motorists can insure themselves against the financial consequences of storm damage to their vehicle with comprehensive insurance. The all-risk or all-risk insurance covers, among others, the costs of damage caused by storms, hail, lightning and floods. Without this insurance protection, it can be expensive for drivers. ADAC car insurance paid an average of around 3,000 euros last year for hail damage to motor vehicles. Costs of more than 5000 euros were also not uncommon.
“Storm damage was particularly high in 2021. But the long-term trend is also clear: hail damage is increasing, vehicle repairs are becoming more expensive,” explains Robert Heil, director of auto insurance claims. ADAC. “On the one hand, extreme weather events are becoming more frequent and hailstones are larger. On the other hand, thinner body panels cause more serious damage and increase repair costs,” says Heil.
According to the General Association of the German Insurance Industry (GDV), storms and hail caused around 400,000 damages to motor vehicles in Germany in 2021. The costs were around 1.3 billion euros. More than half of that was in a single month. In June of last year, severe storms hit drivers especially hard.
Tips for drivers:
- Document hail damage. Photograph the damaged vehicle from all sides and take close-up photos of any areas of particularly severe hail damage. Write down the time of the hail storm and the exact location where the vehicle was during the storm.
- Report hail damage to your insurance company as soon as possible. This is usually quick and easy to do online. If it is a leased vehicle, also report the damage to your lessor.
- Your insurance company will make an appointment with you to view the property. After major storms, insurers can also set up mass inspections where all hail-damaged vehicles are inspected at a central location.
- Prepare for vehicle inspection. Drive your car through the car wash to make any broken windows, dents, or peeling paint more visible. Have your vehicle documents ready. The appraiser needs detailed vehicle data to properly assess the car’s repair costs, depreciation, or residual value.
ADAC car insurance offers three product lines. Even basic coverage automatically includes all important services. ADAC members receive up to a 10 percent discount on ADAC auto insurance. More information is available online here www.adac.de/autoversicherung
Personalized advice on the advantages of ADAC car insurance is available at all ADAC offices and by calling 089 55 89 5 61 60
More information about hail and “What to do?” at: https://www.adac.de/produkte/versicherungen/autoversicherungen/schaden/hagelschaden/
About ADAC SE:
ADAC SE, based in Munich, is a public limited company under European law that offers mobility-oriented services and products for ADAC members, non-members and companies. It is made up of 26 subsidiaries and associated companies, including ADAC Versicherung AG, ADAC Finanzdienstleistungen GmbH, ADAC Autovermietung GmbH and ADAC Service GmbH. As a growth-oriented market player, ADAC SE is driving digital transformation in all businesses, based on innovation and sustainable technologies. In the 2020 financial year, ADAC SE had around 2,900 employees and generated sales of €1,026 million.
ADAC SE Corporate Communications
dr Christian Buric
Telephone 089 76 76 58 42
Original content from: ADAC SE, broadcast by news aktuell