GDV has a new president. The Executive Committee of the German Insurance Association has elected the CEO of R+V Versicherungen, Norbert Rollinger, to lead the association. Rollinger succeeds Wolfgang Weiler.
Norbert Rollinger is the new president of the German Insurance Association (GDV). The Executive Committee elected the CEO of R+V Versicherung AG in Berlin to lead the association. Rollinger (58) previously headed the executive committee on risk protection for society and the economy.
He succeeds Wolfgang Weiler, who after five years as president of GDV hands over official business and retires from the Executive Committee. “Wolfgang Weiler successfully steered GDV through the coronavirus pandemic, resolved the issue of sustainability as a core element of our business model, and last but not least, implemented the renewal of the association’s staff,” Rollinger said. “For this, it deserves the express thanks of the associated companies”.
The GDV Presidium, which acts as the association’s legal board of directors, will belong to the future after the completion of the general assembly
- dr Norbert Rollinger: President; Chairman of the Board of Directors, R+V Versicherung AG, Wiesbaden
- Jörg Asmussen: General Manager and Executive Member
- dr Wolfgang Breuer: Chairman of the Board, Provinzial Holding AG, Munster
- Katja de la Viña: Chairman of the Board of Directors, Allianz Lebensversicherungs-AG, Stuttgart
- dr Andreas Eurich: Chairman of the Board of Directors, Barmenia Insurance, Wuppertal; Chairman of the Board of the Association of Employers of Insurance Companies in Germany eV, Munich
- Klaus-Jürgen Heitmann: Spokesman of the Board of Directors, HUK-COBURG Insurance Group, Coburg
- Jürgen A. Junker: Chairman of the Board, Wüstenrot & Württembergische AG, Stuttgart
- dr Christoph Jurecka: Member of the Executive Board, Munich Reinsurance Company AG, Munich
- dr Ralf Kantak: Chairman of the Board, Süddeutsche Krankenversicherung a. G. Fellbach; Chairman of the board of the Association of Private Health Insurance eV, Cologne
- Monika Köstlin: Executive Board Member, Association of Mutual Insurance Companies; Kieler Ruck VVaG, Kiel
- Stefan Lehmann: Chairman of the Board of Management, Generali Deutschland AG, Munich
- Giovanni Liverani: Chairman of the Board of Directors, Generali Beteiligungs-GmbH, Aachen
- Gerhard Müller: Chairman of the Board, Sparkassen-Versicherung Sachsen, Dresden
- dr Edgar Puls: Chairman of the Management Board, HDI Global SE, Hannover
- dr Markus Riess: Chairman of the Board, ERGO Group AG, Düsseldorf
- dr Klaus-Peter Röhler: Chairman of the Board of Management of Allianz Deutschland AG and Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, Munich
- dr Thilo Schumacher: Chairman of the Board of Management, AXA Konzern AG, Cologne
- dr Frank Walthes: Chairman of the Board of Directors, Versicherungskammer Bayern, Munich
Rollinger is a member of the executive committee both as an elective member and ex officio in his role as chairman of the executive committee for the protection of risks to society and the economy (PRGW). According to GDV, Rollinger will not stand again for the PRGW President election in November 2022. The new PRGW President will also move to the executive committee by virtue of his position in November.