Bike manufacturer Canyon has partnered with InsurTech Qover to help cyclists get back on their bikes in the event of damage or theft. The company now offers its customers a special insurance package through Qover’s custom API in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and France; Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Great Britain will follow.
DThe Qover integration (website) in Canyon Customer Journey (website) is delivered via API and means drivers can rely on the service from the moment they purchase coverage to the moment they need it most. And existing customers can purchase insurance on the Qover website if their bike is less than a year old.
It’s never a good time to have a problem with your bike. However, if the worst happens, it is important that drivers are able to get back on the road as soon as possible. While we can’t prevent theft, we can make sure people know we’ll support Canyon if the need arises.”
Quentin Colmant, CEO of Qover
Information about the association:
- 24/7 protection against theft, attempted theft, or post-theft theft.
- No bike depreciation for the first 36 months: Riders get the full value of their bike minus the excess.
- Material damage caused by accident, vandalism, animals or natural elements is insured.
- Reimbursement for repairs, replacement of the bike and permanently installed accessories is included in the insurance coverage.
- The towing/transportation of the bicycle and the driver’s trip home are covered in Germany, the Netherlands, France and Belgium. In other countries, cash is provided for emergencies.
The association was largely driven by fears of theft, which remains a pressing issue: anti-theft company AlterLock, for example, reports that 80% of respondents in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands fear being bikes stolen; more than half of them have already experienced it (read more here).feet