Our Gooseberry, Lavender, and Sage Goat Cheese Summer Pizza Recipe
Why do we only find this exciting summer combination so late in life? We can’t get enough of the sweet and sour goat cheese pizza with currants. Supported by lavender and sage, currants not only bring their trademark tart sweetness to pizza, but a host of healthy nutrients as well. Try it now!
Ingredients for currant pizza
by 4 portions
- 300 grams of flour
- 1⁄2 package dry yeast
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g of red currants
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 400g yellow cherry tomatoes
- 200 g of goat cheese roll
- 1 tablespoon of liquid honey
- 2-3 large sprigs of sage
- 1 level teaspoon of dried lavender flowers
Preparation: This is how it works
- Knead the flour, yeast, 1 teaspoon of salt, 150 ml of warm water and 1 tablespoon of oil. Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 degrees for a fan oven). Clean, wash and drain the currants. Peel the onion, cut it into thin rings. Peel and chop the garlic. Wash the tomatoes, clean them, cut them into slices.
- Add the garlic and 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix the currants, tomatoes and onion rings with the garlic oil. Thinly slice the goat cheese with a moistened knife.
- Knead dough on a floured work surface, roll out into a flat cake, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with currant mixture. Spice with salt and pepper. Cut the cheese into pieces, spread it on top, sprinkle with honey. Bake the pizza for 25-30 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry the sage for about 10 seconds, drain on kitchen paper. Spread sage and lavender over finished pizza.
Energy and nutritional information of the recipe
Also interesting for you: