Polyphony Digital announces a number of changes to Gran Turismo 7.
After all the hustle and bustle surrounding Gran Turismo 7, Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi has returned to comment on the subject.
In a new post on the PlayStation Blog, he also promises improvements for the future and wants you to sell cars in the game too.
What Yamauchi Says
“Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard,” he writes. “I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused by our updates last week. This not only caused the server to crash, but also adjustments to the game economy that were made without clear explanation to our community.”
“We know this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be providing a free 1 million credit pack to players who may be affected as a gesture of goodwill.”
“The previously released update was intended to fix an issue with inconsistent reward payouts within late-game track races. However, to restore the intended balance and provide more accurate rewards based on time and completion, it was necessary to recalculate the reward system in general.”
New update in April
A full update will be released in early April, making more changes and adding new events. Here are the details:
- Increased rewards in events in the second half of World Races by an average of 100%
- Added high rewards for completing the track experience on all gold/bronze results.
- Increased rewards in online races
- Inclusion of a total of eight new one-hour drag races in the missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
- Increase unspent credit limit from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
- Increased supply of second-hand vehicles and legendary cars
More updates with new cars and routes, as well as bug fixes, will follow at the end of April.
In addition, the possibility that you can sell your cars in the game is also considered. However, this is not one of the immediate changes, there is no date for it yet. The following things are planned:
- Increase rewards payout for a limited time as we evolve as a live service
- More New World Race Events
- Addition of drag races to missions, including 24 hour races
- Ranked online time trial battles become more advantageous with rewards based on achieving a time that is within +1%, +2%, +3% and +5% of the best time
- The cars should be able to be sold.
To receive the free credit pack mentioned above, you must have owned the game prior to the publication of the blog post and be logged in between March 25, 2022 at 9am and April 25, 2022 at 9am