The advantages of a sports bottle for fitness and company.
Whether in the gym, hiking or cycling, especially when doing sports, we need to drink enough. So the body loses a lot of fluid during training through sweating, which we can then return to you with enough water. If we don’t drink enough during sports, our concentration suffers, we get headaches and we have less strength.
that’s why you should always drink enough water to stay fit and co. Of course, it is better if you use a reusable drinking bottle instead of using disposable bottles. That’s a lot in the long run more economical, because you can easily fill tap water or iso drinks from the gym into your drinking bottle. Besides that, you too brighten up the atmosphere. If you take good care of your bottle and if it is of good quality, you will have something from it for a long time and you will not always have to use disposable bottles.
Another advantage of drinking bottles: you can not only use them for sports, but take them with you to the office or when you travel. There are countless different models that are specially tailored to your needs. We will introduce you to five of our favorite bottles.
You should pay attention to this with a sports bottle.
Which Drinking Bottle Is Right For You? depends on several factors. If you want to take the bottle with you on your excursion, it should be especially light in your luggage. If you take it with you on a bike ride, it should be easy to open with one hand so you can quickly cool off in between. And when it comes to staying fit in the gym, it can be helpful to have a water bottle that holds extra water for long workouts. our advice: You can then use the filled bottle as additional weight for muscle training.
First let’s see the material of the drinking bottle. We clarify which material is suitable for what.
- stainless steel: Drinking bottles made of stainless steel have good thermal function. They keep your drinks nice and cool and can often even keep hot drinks warm. But the biggest advantage: they are particularly stable and unbreakable.
- tritan: Tritan plastic is particularly popular for the production of drinking bottles. The material is light, tasteless and stable.
- aluminum: An aluminum drinking bottle is usually especially light. If you want to save weight on long hikes or when climbing, the aluminum bottle is very suitable for you. The only drawback: Many aluminum bottles give off an aftertaste that can leave the drink a bit bitter.
- Cup: Although glass bottles look great, they are quite impractical for sports. If you’re not careful, the glass of the bottle can break and that’s it with the beautiful drinking bottle. Caution: There is an increased risk of injury here.
But there are other factors that you should take into account when choosing your water bottle. What may also be important to you:
- drinking cap: For training, it is easier to have a drinking bottle that can be opened with one hand using the lock button. A screw cap is very tight, but it takes longer to open and close the bottle.
- nozzle: The opening of the drinking bottle determines how well and easily you can drink from the drinking bottle. There are narrow and wide openings. Many people find a straw particularly useful as a mouthpiece when playing sports, because by sucking they can use it to determine exactly how much they want to drink.
- wrist strapNote: Some drinking bottles also have a strap to carry the bottle. This is very practical if you carry the bottle from one machine to another in the gym or want to have it in your hand during walks.
- filterNote: Some sports bottles also come with a built-in filter. Here you can, for example, add fruits that give your water a little more flavor.
- Size: The size of the sports bottle is also very important as it determines how much you can drink and how often you need to refill it. Most sports drink bottles hold at least 650 milliliters. But there are also sizes up to 2.2 liters.
The 5 best sports drinking bottles in comparison
We take a closer look at the selection of drinking bottles and present them to you here. our five favorites They are suitable for all sports. What is your favorite?