An exercise in bed gets you going in the morning. With simple stretches, relaxation, and movement, you can get your body in gear and start your day in a good mood.
Start your workout in bed with a stretch
To get you going when you wake up, start your workout in bed with a stretch.
- Lie on your back, stretch your arms out in front of you, and slowly bend toward your feet.
- Round your spine and head and try to touch your toes with your fingers.
- If you can, hold onto your toes for a moment and feel the stretch in your upper body and legs more clearly.
- After about 2-5 breaths, slowly and gently slide back onto the pillow and repeat the exercise four more times.
Go to bed with the air bike
For the cells to work, lie on your back in bed. Put the pillow aside or place it under your back or pelvis for support.
- The upper part of the body lies flat on the bed. The arms are relaxed next to the body.
- Now bend your legs and start pedaling with your legs in the air. This means that you make the same movements as you would when riding a bike.
- To feel your stomach muscles as well, you can lower your legs or bring them closer to your body. It is important that you feel comfortable with the movement.
- After a minute or so, lower your legs, rest for a few breaths, and repeat the exercise four more times.
Get in shape after waking up with a relaxation exercise
To regain mobility and loosen your hips and spine when you wake up, return to lying on your back.
- Extend your arms to your sides and bend your legs at a 90° angle. If you don’t have enough space on your sides, you can bend your arms and put your hands under your head. Your head is in the middle and you are looking up at the ceiling.
- Now slowly lower your legs to the left towards the mattress while turning your head to the right.
- Touch the ground with your knees and then bring your legs to the right side. At the same time, the head turns to the left.
- As soon as you hit the ground, switch sides again. Repeat this movement about ten times for each side. Then you are in shape and you can start the day well.
- During the exercise, you can vary the tempo as needed. Test which rhythm you feel most comfortable with and which one promises the best relaxation for your joints.